Tuesday, July 12, 2011

"Your mom will not use it...."

Since Google launched their social platform Google+ (or G+ as I saw in net), I'm curiously reading blogs and internet news to track the revolution. One of articles used the above sentence, I don't really agree. 


My Mom is a Genius :)



She does not use Facebook, I don't blame her it's actually a quite messy place,  and it's not because she wouldn't grasp how to use it. My mom is very good with computers and surfs internet like a pro, has two blogs, I think she use blip too, three or more email accounts and who knows what else...(well she is, mom care to share?? :P) Yup my mom is 60+ (hmm looks almost like G+...) and knows hers way around the web - constantly surprising my cousins, friends and other parts of the family. The thing is, Facebook is full of garbage and I don't suppose many of her friends use it anyway.


So when I read that she will not use G+ I actually smirked, my mom? Yeah she will... but she doesn't use Facebook, d'oh! Well then I don't use G+ - yet, where is my invite! Oh sorry, yes I know it will be open to general population - aka me and mom! in end of July, hopefully - anyway, I think she likes Google and their tools just as I do (I do more, but's that other part of discussion). 


With all that what I read on the net about changes planned and those already made to Google products, the blog life will change also - instead of posting new blog post you will post a new entry on your stream with option public. With the no limit (that has to be checked) on the size of the post in G+ the integration of blogs with the stream is quite natural way of going. Your profile and some of the posts (notes, announcements??) can be made public - so like a blog, and they can be commented, you can add photos, videos, links, whatever you like... and you can have followers that just wait for your next update - yep it's a blog!


Seems to me, if Google really correctly thought it over they have way more chances to succeed than they ever had with Wave or Buzz... let's wait and see. 



Oh, and Mom, will you use it?? ;)



3 comments:

  1. Wow well done mom :) Can you mom give my mom some lessons how to manage it... I mean computer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sylv, why not? I can do it with pleasure.

    The best teacher is my daugter!!! she instructed me every step in computing and now she shows me every new internet posibility .
    Thank you baby! You are right I'm using blip everyday:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Auuu, daughter of course, daughter my love

    ReplyDelete