Thursday, July 7, 2011

Daily craziness

Yesterday evening I had fantastic occasion to talk to a professional jewelry maker - not your girl friend playing with some ready stones and clips, but real professional working in silver and gems etc. Friends of my parents came for dinner and John was very kind to answer all of my crazy questions - especially as I asked about forging gems, creating artificial ones and forging jewelry :) I made million notes and it will be extremely helpful for future fanfics, plus I have his email and can ask whatever I need more.

I’ve also got this lovely tin of Catbury chocolate fingers - I love tins! And first through was... “Neal is of course stealing the chocolate fingers...”


And today was finally - Move day! Hurray... till I packed all my things in a neat package - cabinet filled with all precious office necessary stuff... computer on top and I’m ready to go. Small struggle by the entrance as the mud mat is great for mud, bad for the cabinets wheels, it’s always stuck. And then waiting for the elevator, only one as the other was broken for the past week (yeap that’s our fantastic office building). And waiting, and waiting, and.... when the door finally opened I had a unique opportunity to view the top of elevator with all the equipment and two guys working on it. Resigned I come back to my place and moved the computer to work a little, five minutes later the facility guy come back and complained I didn’t move yet... and that the elevators are working, d’oh!

New office is very nice! It has big windows, gives lots of light and the boss agreed to let us use his terrace as “break terrace”.

And with the all movement, excitement and additional work I forgot about a call I was hosting, thank programmers for Outlook reminder option!

No comments:

Post a Comment