Saturday, July 9, 2011

Secesja Cafe

Thursday marked a day when we finally found time to go for a coffee with Syl. It took us almost a year to agree on a moment when neither of one was working. Syl has moving work times, and in the past year I was in the office for 10-12 hours a day, neither setup was promising. That’s one of the problems in today world, you never have time for anything! Anyway finally we were able to match our calendars and have some free time to talk.

The Secesja Cafe is something new I spied on my way through city. Hidden a little bit on the way to City Hall in one of old townhouses, decorated nicely have not only chairs but also comfortable sofas? (not sure as it’s something old, like a bench but with pillows...), plus nice ladies behind the counter. It also doubles as a restaurant with “sale” prices between 1 pm and 3 pm, so if you seek a new place for lunch take a look, oh and it’s on Jana Pawła II street. Prices are not so reasonable, but the coffee and cake I tried were worth every penny.

We talked for hours and I hadn’t so much fun in ages - one of the topics was writing, cos I’m thing bad person that really needs to hear about opinions about my creations. The strange thing is I still can’t write as good as I could tell the stories in person. One of the ideas for this blog is to tell the stories in writing that I can tell in words and have the same effect. The strange thing is, it works also the other way around - I’m not able to tell the same stories I wrote...

4 comments:

  1. I do remember: how I have to write it? Mom?
    Tell me... and now write you said:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't seem to work in "funny stories" setup :) looks like writing essays for Polish was easier sometimes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a great time. Thx and I hope the next one will be sooner than another year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Syl yup it will be less this time ;)

    ReplyDelete