Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Accounts fever

I’m usually quite happy with google tools - but few days ago I made a gigantic mistake of allowing myself to use ‘Multiple-sing in option’. I have few google accounts, for reasons not needed to be explained - yes I’m a spy... anyway.... to ease my life I decided to use a multiple sing-in and only switch accounts when needed.

Disaster number one: although google provides notification - in red so you don’t miss it - that only some of services will work, I happily marked everything “yes, I’m aware” and then cursed when docs opened always on the wrong one, as for some reasons it was marked default. Even when I logged in first with the other one, and following logic it should be the default... right??? HELP! I love google but really it’s not like them to make it sooo NOT intuitive.

Disaster number two: the option to sing out should work only on the one account I didn’t want to use... in theory. In practice every time I used sing out (instead of sing out of all accounts) I landed on the lovely page - to use google services please sing in. Agggrrhhh!!!

Before I’ve been using three web browsers to keep the main accounts separate and logged in always. Now when I use only Chrome I’m back to sing in/sing out dance that I just limited to two accounts to spare myself some headache.

Having several accounts is cool, as long as you don’t have to switch between them every day - it helps to direct most of email to only one of them, but it doesn’t work with other google tools. Pity.

All in all with Google implementing lots of changes due to Google+ campaign I hope they will fix some of this strange things - like why the links bar is not the same everywhere, or why blogger seems to stop in design in pre-beta-era...

No comments:

Post a Comment