Sunday, July 10, 2011

Saturday lazy day

Saturday started unusually early. After exhausting week, I fell asleep on the couch at Friday evening instead of writing another part of fanfic. After waking up I decided bed is much more comfortable and simply changed the places, with no real conviction I will sleep again soon. You know how it is, you fell asleep during the day and then toss and turn in the night. This time I just slept, quite long, but still waking up at 7AM. I did standard home cleaning, cat caring, and personal fun and by 12PM I was done with everything including stocking the fridge and drinking coffee.

Then was time for “dolce farniete” which lasted only two hours as I decided it’s time to get myself out of the house.



Weather was great, not to hot not to cold, sunny but not to much, perfect for some biking. And it was in sync with my personal goal of “getting my ass out” meaning stop sitting in the house at weekends. The plan wasn’t really precise, first I wanted to go to the city center to make more photos for my architecture project, but then I decided it’s not enough riding for such nice day. I started by going into the forests that are lovely 10 minute drive from my home, and instead of turning left to go a well known path I’ve gone straight to do some exploring.

Seems all roads go to the same place as I ended up at Polana Harcerska (exactly the same I would end if I did turn), by then I had so much fun riding I got into the idea to visit the lakes that are a little bit down the hills, and then come back a small turn later. When I got by the lakes, I thought “well then few more meters to another entrance and let’s go back”.
I didn’t, I just rode straight forward, I saw the road sign saying Tanowo only 5 km away and a nice new bicycle road ahead... then it was Dobieszczyn only 10 km away... and I finished on the no man’s land by the border. 

View Dobieszczynin a larger map

Od Odds and ends

It was fun! The road to Dobieszczyn from Tanowo is without special part for bicycles, but it has nice new asphalt, is in the forest, without any big hills and almost without cars. Peaceful, perfect for an afternoon ride. Dobieszczyn itself has one house, yes ONE. It was in the past part of military shooting range, that I used to visit with my parents. Now it belongs to sports shooting society, but seems noting is really going on there. Except people going back and forth over the border as it’s nice shortcut to get to Szczecin from Ahlbeck and Hintersee.

Od Odds and ends


The small ride took around four hours back and forth, with some nice breaks and some rain along the road, surprisingly my legs aren’t killing me today...

No comments:

Post a Comment