Friday, July 1, 2011

Live Concert - Chris Botti

Wow! That was amazing, simply amazing. I was exited for a whole week before the concert, watched youtube movies, listened to the music on my ipod and fell in love with the interpretations of Chris Botti. The ticked was a surprise gift, as my aunt asked if I wanted to go I didn't even understood exactly who will be playing. After browsing all available concerts I got only one favorite - and that was IT! All exited I kept my fingers crossed as the weather lately is playing games and you never know what will happen sun, rain, thunderstorm... all three?? 


Thursday luckily wasn't rainy, although little bit cold and windy. The queue to enter the Duke's Castle - where the concert was - looked like a snake, looooong but quickly going. The main courtyard was full of people - and then the magic started. Chris with a band and two guests, what an evening.


The first guest was violinist Caroline Campbell. WOW. She was fantastic, never I have seen someone that worked violin in such way (hmm May something doesn't count it was in TV and this was LIVE! oh let's not forget Nigel Kennedy, but he is now our treasure so hands off :P). I took a look on her site and my heart fulled with even more pride for our city. She played with best orchestra's in the world, in famous Carnegie Hall etc. etc. And there she was playing in Szczecin. Nice, very, very nice.


The second guest was Lisa Fisher - amazing voice that was fantastically in tune with the trumpet of Chris. There were few funny moments - first when she very flirty lost her shawl on the beginning. Second personally for me - when she was singing "Italia" in Italian with american accent... sorry but after listening to original Italian and Italians for past five years I couldn't do anything more than smile.


I could go, on and on what a magical show it was, but well get yourself a ticket for one of Chris concerts and you will get it too (He is back in states next week). Or maybe not, as he one admitted that Poland is his favorite place to play. There was one additional funny moment, that also showed how really good person he is. With Caroline on scene he told a story about her violin and how much it takes to play it on such world-class level. He asked a reporter he spoke with before to translate what he will say to Polish. When he explained that Caroline plays normally on a very expensive violin 1-5 million of dollars worth - the translation was "that kind you have to sell your kidney for" the public exploded with laughter, I have to admit he almost kept his head cool as his next move was to ask her "okay now you have to translate them to me". It was coool.


Yep if he is in Szczecin next year I will be there. I even want buy the "Italia" CD - just need to wait to fill my list for shopping from Amazon, as really Poland is strange country, it's cheaper to buy in UK Amazon than in our local AND internet shops....

No comments:

Post a Comment