Sunday, October 16, 2011

Writing challange

This year is writing year, since February when my attention was stolen by "White Collar" I wrote six fanfics going from 340 words to little over 20000... all in English, yeah that's strange. Then I discovered the 750words.com site on which you write every single day your 750 words... I started in July, struggled in August and took up on a challenge in September - writing every single day, yay! And of course I flunked October just right in the beginning. Most probably cos I got huge writers block and half of September spent on rants instead of writing the fiction. Well that happens and just sometimes you should take a break from writing, so I did, and I'm back at least partially - not to writing itself but my muse starts to push some ideas in my direction.

Also in August I decided to try my hand at NaNoWriMo in November - it's National (International already) Novel Writing Month - you got one month to write a 50,000 words novel. No matter the genre, original or fanfiction, plot or no plot just sit and write.. oh and correct mistakes later. That was one of the reasons I started  writing every day to get the feeling if I can do it. To meet the goal of 50,000 words it's approximately 1667 words to be written daily, totally doable - it take's me around two hours to do it when I write in my "think about story speed" which is currently somewhere between 20-26 words per minute (yes, yes I'm numbers maniac). So not so bad as I also fix the most important things at the same time, I figure that I should be able to write the daily goal of 1600-1800 and hit some more at the weekends.

The only obstacle in my path is as usually the idea, I got something. Since I saw my brothers photo I knew I should write a story to it and decided it should be for NaNo. I allowed the idea to brew a little and came to conclusion it has to be a fanfic... well yes it's an easy way out but I do know that writing original story will be to challenging for that one. So I got that, few days ago I came up with the title "Whiskey Barrel" and now I have to go on with the plot, that is still in the works. To get 50,000 the plot has to be complicated and at least had two-three additional plots to run the story - there is something I learned from writing "The Hot Cold Case" there has to be something more. Of course jumping between plots, relate them and so one is difficult but hey no one says writing itself is easy.

Plus the additional characters, oh my I totally forgot about them, ech yes and writing a short script of what should happen and when, it helped with THCC and should help here, no matter that in the end it was somehow different. The point was to have a frame of the story and that was helpful - for short fics I don't need one, for the long ones it's very very good to have it.

So the title is there, the cover is there, the main idea is starting to raise it's head... now to work on some details and I should be ready to start writing on 1st November. Which me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment